Want to Build and Enter Your Float?
Click to learn more about rules, best practices, and resources to help you.
Parade applications for the 2017 parade
Thank you for your interest in participating in this year’s Pacific Palisades Fourth of July Parade, produced by PAPA and our parade coordinator, Pageantry.
Our parade accepts entries for musical units, equestrians, floats, marching units and vehicles for local and visiting areas. Any commercial entry—defined as any entry representing or advertising a for-profit business—must purchase a sponsorship package of $600 or above to be eligible for participation. More information about sponsorship packages is available here.
All entries must be approved by the Parade Committee. Any deviation from parade rules and requirements (detailed below), must be approved by the Parade Committee prior to the acceptance of the parade application. The Parade Committee has the sole authority to approve or decline any application, at its sole discretion, for any reason. All decisions of the Parade Committee are final.
Before completing the application form, please review the following information regarding parade entries:
- All entry applications (including any required fees and insurance certificates) must be submitted by June 1, 2017
- All participants must be uniformed, costumed or appropriately attired
- The Parade Committee does not accept entries advocating specific political and social viewpoints.
- FORWARD motion must be maintained at all times along the parade route. Penalties will be enforced for stopping along the parade route and in the television and/or announcing areas.
- AT NO TIME IS ANY UNIT ALLOWED TO HAND OUT OR THROW ANYTHING ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE
- No shooting of firearms, nor sirens or loud noises that interfere with other units is permitted
- All entries must fit a classification
- The Parade Committee accepts no responsibility for false statements made by applicants or entrants
- All equestrians and motorized entries must supply a certificate of insurance at time of application, valid through July 5
- Floats must be self-propelled
- No one under the age of 9 will be permitted to participate without an accompanying guardian
- Violations of any of the above rules is grounds for disqualification and removal from the parade
- Equestrians must be in position by 1:15 p.m.
- Floats must be in position by 1:00 p.m.
- Parade will start promptly at 2:00 p.m.
For further information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
To help defray our costs, all participants other than musical and equestrian units are required to submit an application fee. $25 for private individuals, and community floats, cars, and novelty entries. $75 for local non-profit entries. (The fee will be waived for any commercial entry or sponsor at the $600 or above level.) All other persons wishing to apply to participate in the parade, including public officials, should contact the parade committee prior to submitting an application.
Given its wish to cut down on vehicles in the parade, the Parade Committee gives preference to applications for cars that are willing to commit to transport dignitaries or invited guests.
To pay the fee on Eventbrite, please click HERE. On the "Parade Application Fee" line, enter the amount due in the box to the right of "Enter donation," then click on "Order Now" at the bottom of the page. Input the information needed to pay via credit card, and then click "Pay Now".